What Is Senioritis?

Seniors, we have finally made it to the final stretch! Including today we officially have 27 days until we are out of high school and are sent off into the real world. These last few weeks are going to feel like a drag, but don’t lose motivate for your classes because they still matter at the end of the day. Senioritis is going to be hitting real hard these last few weeks, if not then it probably started once winter break was over. So, what is senioritis exactly; well it is basically the concept of students getting to the end of graduation and them declining in their overall performance of school work or the motivation of doing anything school related. Now is senioritis actually a real thing or is it really just our mental health? People have come to the conclusion that it is a little bit of both because some of the “symptoms” that come up when you get senioritis is: getting angry very quickly, lack of energy/not having motivate to do anything, and having a feeling of sadness. These symptoms go hand in hand with what it looks like to some people that have depression. So, is it really just your depression that is the problem or is it really senioritis? No one really knows the answer to that question because everybody just assumes that it is senioritis because we already know the effects that it has on students. Now, what are some ways that can help make you feel motivated to get through the last weeks of high school, well here are some helpful ideas that could be useful. Instead of focusing on all the school work you still need to finish up, instead get excited for all the fun seniors activities that are coming up. Put your focus on prom that is just right around the corner or our senior trip that is coming up, make these something to look forward to instead of letting all the school work get to you. Another idea is to take a break when everything becomes too stressful, instead of just pushing through all of your school work, take a break and go to something that isn’t making your mind run 24 miles per hour. Hope these tips help all the seniors and just remember we only have 27 days left until we are out of school!

Sources: https://www.uopeople.edu/blog/what-is-senioritis/

https://www.snhu.edu/about-us/newsroom/education/what-is-senioritis