Spring Has Sprung (Almost)!

Spring Has Sprung (Almost)!

Blooming flowers, thundering showers, and friendly encounters are all relevant to the spring season. Tuesday, March 19th officially starts the beginning of spring. 

Spring is such a wonderful season where the temperature isn’t too hot or too cold (usually). Unfortunately, the nice temperatures get drowned out by the gloominess of rainy spring days. 

Aside from the weather, spring has many other great factors to offer such as a variety of sports. Of course, there will be club sports going on year round, but the main spring sports in Orion are track and field, baseball, softball, and girls soccer. Many students at OHS can hardly wait to get to their spring sport seasons. 

You can’t forget about Easter when talking about spring. Easter is a Christian holiday to celebrate the resurrection of their savior, Jesus, from the dead. Children can’t wait for Easter morning to find their Easter baskets filled with candy and other sweets. Some main Easter candies include Cadbury Eggs, Reese’s Eggs, various jellybeans, chocolate bunnies, and marshmallow Peeps. 

I, personally, love spring because everything starts growing/turning pretty colors and there is hope for the warm summer months ahead. Here are some reasons why your classmates love spring so much!

Senior Olivia Thomsen: “ I love the weather and all the beautiful colors of spring. I also really enjoy the season after coming out of the cold winter. It is always so happy and vibrant in the springtime.”

Senior Maya Van Duyne: “I like spring because the weather starts to get nice and makes you feel like summer is coming soon. I also love when it’s rainy outside and in the spring it rains a lot.”

Sophomore Haley Ruser: “I like spring because the weather gets warmer and the school year starts to wrap-up, but with the school year ending, I usually have lots of work to do, which isn’t ideal. Then we have to do finals two days before school ends, which I’m not excited about at all.”

My top three favorite Easter candies are Starburst Jellybeans, Snickers Eggs, and Cadbury Eggs. When asked about their top three favorite Easter candies, the previous interviewees responded:

Olivia: Starburst Jellybeans, Reese’s Eggs, and Cadbury Eggs

Maya: Nerd Gummy Clusters, Chocolate Eggs, Reese’s Eggs

Haley: Russell Stover Marshmallow Eggs, Robins Eggs, and Reese’s Eggs

What’s your favorite Easter candy?

What's Your Favorite Easter Candy?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.