Former Title Contender Jorge Masvidal Pleads Guilty For Battery

As you may or may not know Jorge Masvidal fought Kamaru Usman for the title twice and is easily one of the biggest names in the UFC currently, in fact he was such a big name that his BMF title match, which wasn’t an official title, against Nate Diaz did a lot more ppv buys then the average fight card, but there is no real consistent ppv numbers.

After one of the recent UFC events (UFC 272) both Colby Covington and Jorge Masvidal had a brawl outside the cage a few weeks later which, of course, isn’t allowed (unless your name is Conor McGregor). On Monday his lawyer Sean Zanganeh convinced Jorge Masvidal to plead guilty to the misdemeanor of battery. He was sentenced with time served basically meaning that he would get no jail time but instead just appearances at police stations and court hearings. This was after their bout at UFC 272 which Colby Covington won via a round 5 unanimous decision. This was at a Miami restaurant in March of 2022.

The felony charges of both battery and criminal mischief were dropped as judge Zachary James accepted Jorge Masvidal plea. He (Jorge Masvidal) could have potentially of gotten fifteen years or $10,000 or even both.

In conclusion, do not do what Jorge Masvidal did as not only do you not have the money for expensive lawyers, but it’s a bad thing to do and if you do said things you are, of course, a bad person and are a morally wrong individual.