Mike Perry Beats Eddie Alvarez (BKFC)

Mike Perry Beats Eddie Alvarez (BKFC)

On December 2nd, 2023 BKFC held their 56th BKFC card (not including their minor events) and in the main event UFC veteran Mike Perry took on former UFC champion Eddie Alvarez.

Mike Perry’s most notable wins were against guys like Alex Oliveira (who’s a former lightweight champion) and Mickey Gall which doesn’t look very good on paper. However, he has been having a career resurgence in BKFC as after the Eddie Alvarez fight he is on a four fight winning streak, five if you count the match against Michael Seals with custom rules. A lot of people like Mike Perry as he has a very exciting and brawling fight style which a lot of fans like so when he joined BKFC (which is pretty much tailor made for him) he had immediate success in the promotion

The former champion Eddie Alvarez, of course, has a ton of notable wins like Michael Chandler, Shinya Aoki, Anthony Pettis, Gilbert Melendez, Rafael dos Anjos, etc. However, Eddie Alvarez has been on a pretty bad career decline recently.

Mike Perry won in the second round and after the fight he called out Anthony Pettis, “One name that did come to mind that I did mention before I fought Alvarez was Anthony Pettis,” and “He just beat Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match. I think he’s intrigued by the bareknuckle aspect. I had fun with Eddie, but it happened exactly how I said it was going to happen. I posted that Kimbo Slice picture of that backyard fight, and what did he say? ‘You have to hit me. Come on.’ Once he hit me, then I started moving, and he stopped hitting me and by the end of the second, what happened? He got busted up worse than I did.”

People are very excited to see what Mike Perry has in store next and I, for one, and very excited and ecstatic as both a boxing and MMA fan, it’s a very good time to be a fighting sports fan.