The Tragic Ending of Jahseh Onfroy

Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy, most known as XXXTentacion, was only 20 years old when he was shot to death on June 18th, 2018. Jahseh was born on January 23rd, 1998 in south Florida. his mother was only a teen when he was born. She wasn’t really consistent in his life, so his grandmother and babysitters would look after him most of the time. Since his mother was so absent in his life, he tended to use violence at school to get her to acknowledge him. At one point he said “I use to beat kids at school just to get her to talk to me, yell at me”. Even though she wasn’t in his day-to-day life activities, he still cared very deeply of her and he was described as being very protective of her. His love of music began after he was expelled from middle school and started taking out all of his anger and energy in his lyrics. Later on in his life he started pursuing music and later became known as the most popular artist in the genre of music called Sound Cloud Rap. This genre of music is known to be described as hardcore hip-hop to grunge and indie. His music started skyrocketing and his most popular album is called “?” and his most popular song was his first single called, Look At Me!. His music tends to talk heavily about depression and mental anguish, with hip-hop beats and sullen melodies. While he was growing a whole wide fan base with music and how people could relate with his lyrics, a tragedy struck Jahseh. He was seen leaving Rina Motorsports in Florida with his friend. While they were walking back to the car, a car came up a block from their walking path and started talking to Jahsen. As they were talking one of the masked men pointed a gun and started repeatedly shooting Jahsen. The shooter then came out of his car and stole $50,000 and sped off. On March 2023, Michael Boatwright, Dedrick Williams, and Trayvon Newsome were identified to be the people responsible for Jahseh’s death and were found guilty of armed robbery and first-degree murder.

Sources:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-44529462

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-65212838