Tyson Fury Vs Francis Ngannou Preview/Predictions

People are worried that the Francis Ngannou and Tyson Fury match will be a cash grab (which is a term for a fight that will not be close/good and is only on the card for money purposes) however, I and multiple people who have experience whether it be boxing or MMA have to disagree.

One of the best boxers in history Mike Tyson has this to say about the fight, “We gonna find out how good he (Ngannou) is — but he’s (Fury) gonna hit that canvas.” 

Francis Ngannou is the former UFC heavyweight champion beating tons of notable opponents like Cain Velasquez, Curtis Blaydes, Derrick Lewis, Junior Dos Santos, and Ciryl Gane just to name a few. Now, usually when an MMA fighter transfers over to boxing they usually have a disappointing performance in the boxing ring (think Anderson Silva and Nate Diaz). But, there is one key exception to the rule which is Conor Mcgregor when he fought Floyd Mayweather and lasted 10 rounds with one of the best boxers of all time.

Francis Ngannou also has some of the best knockout power of all time; he has the Guiness World Record for the strongest punch in the world and all it could take is one lucky punch from Francis Ngannou to knockout Tyson Fury and both Fury and Ngannou have reference this.

Tyson Fury also has a lot of credentials himself, he has beat Deontay Wilder three times at this point, held the WBC heavyweight title since 2020, held the unified heavyweight title between 2015-2016, and the Ring magazine title twice. Tyson Fury has been on a rampage recently and doesn’t show any signs of stopping soon.

My prediction is that as the fight gets longer Francis Ngannou will have less of a chance to win, so I have Fury winning with a unanimous decision.

The fight will be on October, 8th, 2023 and will be streamed live on TNT Sports Box Office (previously called BT Sport) so we’ll see if the fight will be close or not and whether or not it was a cash grab all along.