Pittsburg Steelers Select Logan Lee

2024 NFL Draft
Pittsburg Steelers Select Logan Lee

Saturday, April 27th, 2024 marked a very important day for the community of Orion, and especially for the Lee family. During the 6th round of the NFL Draft, Orion alum Logan Lee was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers (178th overall pick). All of Orion was so excited that one of their graduates made it professionally. Logan was the talk of the school on Monday. No one could contain their excitement. From now on, a lot of the citizens of Orion will become devout Steelers fans because they want to see Logan succeed.

The 2024 NFL Draft had 12.1 million viewers across many different broadcasting stations. Lots of fans were hoping their favorite team would get great new rookies. The Bears had the first overall pick, drafting former Southern California quarterback Caleb Williams. Now, Southern California holds the collegiate record for most #1 overall draft picks with six different players getting drafted first throughout the years. The Bears also had another top ten pick–Rome Odunze, a wide receiver from the University of Washington. With the first and the ninth pick, quarterback/wide receiver, Chicago Bear fans are excited to have a potentially better season this year.

The Michigan Wolverines finished their 2023 season as NCAA college football national champions. Many of their prime players were eligible for the NFL Draft. In total, Michigan had 13 of its players drafted–the most in program history and the most from this draft. Their quarterback, JJ McCarthy was the 10th overall pick by the Minnesota Vikings. Defensive Tackle Kris Jenkins was drafted in the second round by the Cincinnati Bengals along with cornerback Mike Sainristil to the Washington Commanders. There were four 3rd round picks: Junior Coleson, LB (LA Chargers); Blake Corum, RB (LA Rams); Roman Wilson, WR (Pittsburgh Steelers); Zak Zinter, G (Cleveland Browns). The Wolverines had six more of their former players get drafted in rounds 4, 5, and 7. 

Overall, the 2024 NFL Draft was a very happy night for most fans. Many people are excited for the next season starting in early September. Congratulations to all of the draftees and especially to Logan Lee!