OHS FCA Update

OHS FCA Update

The Orion High School’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) is one of OHS’s biggest clubs with close to thirty attendees each meeting. FCA meets every Tuesday morning at 7:10 in the OHS library. Every morning, there is a student leader who leads a short message and breakfast is always provided. 

There are several upcoming FCA events that OHS students should consider attending. Starting Sunday, April 7th, there will be a high school FCA Bible Study at the Baptist Church in Orion beginning at 6:30pm and running until 8pm. There will be one of these gatherings every Sunday in the month of April.

On May 5th, there will be a joint FCA huddle between Orion, Sherrard, and Mercer County. This meeting will be held at Sherrard’s Fyre Lake pavilion from 5-7pm. There will be sand volleyball, spikeball, cornhole, basketball, and 9-square games as well as walking tacos and s’mores. It will be a fun night to build your relationships with other people and with the Lord.

Lastly, there will be FCA sports camp in Pella, Iowa this summer: July 15th-19th. For more information visit www.iowafca.org/pellacamp. Many OHS students have been to FCA camp and continue to go back every summer. It is a lot of fun and definitely recommended by many. It is a week of camp at Central College. Campers choose a sport to focus on and practice with other athletes in the same sport. The week is also filled with fun games and is a time of growing in your faith. Although camp is currently filled up (since there is only a limited amount of space available), you can still register to be on the waitlist. FCA camp is definitely an opportunity that you should consider.

OHS’s FCA is a great club to be involved in. It provides hope for the future, love for others, and peace within the crazy world around you.