2024 NFL Playoffs

2024 NFL Playoffs

It’s finally time for the NFL postseason and what an interesting one it will be. There are only four NFL teams that have never made it to the Super Bowl: the Detroit Lions, the Cleveland Browns, the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Houston Texans. Three of these teams have moved through to the playoffs this year: Detroit, Cleveland, and Houston; but Cleveland and Houston are playing each other in the first round, so one will be eliminated.

The Detroit Lions will be hosting their first playoff game in 30 years. It is against the LA Rams where their former quarterback, Matthew Stafford, will be facing off against Jared Goff (their current QB). This game will be played on Sunday, January 14th at 7pm. During this 2023-2024 NFL season, the Detroit Lions have looked very good with a 12-5 record. A couple weeks ago they did play a very close game against the Dallas Cowboys where quite a bit of controversy was created concerning the refs and the Lions which led to Detroit’s downfall. The Lions just played the Minnesota Vikings this past Sunday, January 7th. Although they did clutch the victory, one of their rookie star players, Sam LaPorta, was hurt. LaPorta is a rookie tight end from Iowa. This year he has already broken the NFL receptions record for rookie tight ends. In the game against the Vikings, he walked off with a hyperextended knee and a bone bruise and is unlikely to return during these early playoff games which is definitely a huge loss for the Lions.

Moving on to other upcoming games, on Saturday, January 13th, the Cleveland Browns play the Houston Texans at 3:30pm. This is the second time the Browns have made the playoffs in 20 years. When these teams played each other earlier in the season, the Browns did win 36-22, but the Texans rookie quarterback, CJ Stroud, didn’t play. So it could be anyone’s game.

The Miami Dolphins play the Kansas City Chiefs on the 13th at 7pm. These teams played each other earlier this year in Germany where the Chiefs won 21-14; however, the weather was a lot different than it is going to be in Kansas City on Saturday where there is a high of 14 degrees.

On Sunday, January 14th, at noon, the Pittsburgh Steelers face off against the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo where the weather is expected to be below freezing and snowy. At 3:30pm on this same day, the Green Bay Packers play the Dallas Cowboys. Finally, at 7pm, as mentioned above, the LA Rams play the Detroit Lions.

On Monday, January 15th, the Philadelphia Eagles will battle the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Last year, the Eagles were defeated by the Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII.

All of these teams are fighting for their place in Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas on Sunday, February 11th. Who do you hope to see playing that day?