Razor Ruddock Vs James Toney & Others Matches Recap

Boxing legend James Toney, whose record was 77 wins 10 losses and 3 draws, fought against Donovan “Razor” Ruddock, whose record was 40 wins 6 losses and has one draw.

They fought in Kingston, Jamaica  for charity in an exhibition match which they fought without headgear (which is unusual as the fighters usually wear headgear during exhibitions). During the fight you could tell the fact that James Toney was the quicker and busier fighter, while Donovan Ruddock was able to land the occasional powerful punch.

In the co-main event of the fight card the undefeated fighter, who had 39 wins and is named Abel Mendoza, took on a 42 year old boxer by the name of Aristides Perez, who has 34 wins 25 losses and 3 draws, loss in four rounds to the undefeated boxer Abel Mendoza.

Another bout that was on the fight card was between the boxers Jermaine Brown, who has a record of 4 wins and 3 losses, got a ref’s stoppage (which is when the ref steps in when he or she thinks enough damage has been dealt to the losing fighter) in the sixth round against 46 year old fan favorite Tsetsi Davis, who’s has eighteen wins with 9 losses.

Also, Donovan Ruddock son was one of the fighters on the card and he drew in four rounds against Juezier Heron and it was so close that the judges couldn’t make a decision and thus the fight was ruled a draw.

Finally, the boxer Richard Holmes won against the boxer Jose Julio wasn’t able to answer the bell after round four.