Bellator Releases Former Logan Paul Opponent Dillon Danis

Before the whole Logan Paul debacle Dillon Danis was actually a somewhat accomplished MMA fighter as he was signed to Bellator because of his grappling pedigree as he has a BJJ record of eighteen wins and 16 losses and has multiple cancelled boxing bouts as he be wanting to get into influencer boxing for a while which was going to be fighting Olajide Olatunji (KSI) until he no showed a press conference (which is a huge no no in both MMA and boxing). Then this whole Logan Paul thing happened where they had “beef” and decided to settle it in the ring (which if you don’t want spoilers you should click off now) but Logan Paul won as he, Dillon Danis, got disqualified due to having non- responsible conduct/unsportsmanlike conduct because he went for jiu jitsu moves (grappling moves) in a boxing match which is of course illegal and a huge no no in boxing.

Dillon Danis is a free agent after getting released from his contract with Bellator MMA.

Bellator officials confirmed the news to MMA Fighting on Saturday following an initial report on Twitter from Ariel Helwani.

A lot of people, even though he has a solid grappling pedigree, are mad at Dillon Danis for not only doing a huge no no in boxing (grappling), but he also has connections to one of the biggest draws in MMA history (Conor McGregor) and people are upset about him, in their eyes, only getting a Bellator contract because of his connections to McGregor when there are tons of better fighters who deserve big contracts to promotions.

In conclusion, Dillon Danis is a very controversial figure in MMA and no matter which side you’re on people will be mad at you for it.