Best A24 produced movies

In recent years, the A24 production studio has gained insane popularity, to the point where something is called “an A24 film” instead of the director’s film. Very few production companies gain that type of notoriety, and on top of that they have had almost 60 Oscar nominations with 17 wins all in the past 10 years. They’re movies have some lows, but for the most part they are all amazing and here are my top three:

3. Aftersun (2022)

“Sophie reflects on the shared joy and private melancholy of a holiday she took with her father twenty years earlier. Memories real and imagined fill the gaps between as she tries to reconcile the father she knew with the man she didn’t…” –IMDb

A beautiful look back on this dad and daughter’s vacation, that dives into her coming of age and the struggles with being an adult. It is told perfectly with great direction and writing, and has amazing acting performances from both main characters.

2. The Lighthouse (2019)

“Two lighthouse keepers try to maintain their sanity while living on a remote and mysterious New England island in the 1890s.” –IMDb

I’ve already talked about it before, but this is one of the best uncomfortable horror movies of all time. It is brilliantly filmed, making it feel very isolated and the choice to make it black and white adds a lot to the gritty feel. Both of the actors deserved to be awarded a lot more, since the whole movie was put on their back.

1. Hereditary (2018)

“A grieving family is haunted by tragic and disturbing occurrences.” –IMDb

Arguably the greatest horror movie of all time, this movie is extremely disturbing. It sticks with you for days and gives you a feeling that no other horror movies have. It isn’t scary because of jump scares or monsters or anything like that, but it gives you an uneasy feeling the whole time, and manages to leave a very lasting effect.