Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month

During the month of February, we associate it with Valentine’s Day, but did you know that we focus on one of the biggest issues and spread awareness about it. People from all over the world are making people recognize the struggles teens go through on a daily basis, which is dating violence. Did you know that 1 in 3 teens experience physical, emotional, or sexual abuse from their partner in the U.S. How do you know if your teen is struggling with an abusive relationship and doesn’t know how to get out? Well here are some signs that you need to look out for: isolating themselves from friends/family, insulating you in front of other people, physical abuse (hitting, kicking, punching), and having any form of jealousy when it comes to you hanging out with anyone that isn’t them. Getting out of this situation as quickly as possible is something that should be done before it gets any worse. When it comes to abusive relationships, the victim is most likely to blame themselves for whatever is happening because the abuser is making it seem like it was their fault. Also, the abuser is going to manipulate the victim into thinking that it was a one time thing and that they are going to change. The relationship seems like it’s getting better, until the explosive outburst happens again and again. Some ways to get out of the abusive relationship, is contact the authorities as quickly as possible, so that you can get out of the situation. You can also reach out to friends/family, so that they can help you leave the relationship.

Soure: https://www.loveisrespect.org/get-involved/tdvam/