New Years

New Years

Civilizations all around the world have been celebrating the start of a new year for at least four millennia. Most New Year celebrations start on December 31st which is New Years Eve. Some common traditions that go on during the New Years are going to parties, New Year foods, making new year resolutions, and watching firework displays. In the United States the most common thing to go see or watch on the TV is the dropping of the giant ball. Millions of people around the world go to watch the ball drop. Some towns and cities even make up there own versions of the Time Square ritual. The first New Years celebration dates back to about 4,000 years ago and about 1 million people gather together to go watch the ball drop In New York City’s time square. The New Year is the time or day at which a new calendar year begins and the calendars year count increments by one. Many cultures can celebrate it differently. People love to watch these celebrations all over TV if they can’t go to see it happen in person. Many people usually hangout with friends and family tonight as well. To start a New Year together. Sometimes starting the New Years off with food is customary or decorating the house in a unique ways will help bring health and happiness in the upcoming months.