Mean Girls 2024 – A Musical Remake

Mean Girls 2024 - A Musical Remake

Everyone’s heard of the classic 2004 film Mean Girls, but did you know that a remake of this movie is coming to theaters in 2024? Tina Fey is creating a musical film based on the broadway show, with special celebrity appearances like Jenna Fischer, Jon Hamm, and Busy Philipps! Reneé Rapp will also be in this musical, playing the main role of Regina George.

Although this film looks amazing, there are some disappointments that come along. First of all, the main actors from the original movie aren’t starring in big roles. Tina Fey and Tim Meadows will still be playing their classic roles, but it won’t be the same without Rachel McAdams, Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Seyfried, and Lacey Chabert. They made that film, and it’s going to be difficult to replace them. Another factor that makes this movie a hit-or-miss is the fact that it’s going to be a musical film. I think a lot of people were expecting a regular movie, but recent trailers have shown the actors singing and dancing for some scenes. Don’t get me wrong, musicals are great, but when you have a film so iconic and classic, it’s hard to create something better for the audience.

Even with these downfalls, however, I believe that this musical film will be a big hit. Mean Girls is such a memorable movie that is still being watched to this day, almost twenty years later. There was a Mean Girls 2, but I don’t think that movie was as successful as the original. I think this one is going to be great, and I recommend going out and watching it when it hits theaters January 12th!