The Fun In Christmas

Christmas
Getty Images
Christmas presents in gift-wrap, under a traditional tree.

The Christmas season is known all over the world as “The most wonderful time of the year”. Christmas is celebrated to remember the birth of Jesus Christ. Our family loves to go to a candlelit service on Christmas Eve, to remind us the true meaning of Christmas and encourage us to be better and help those in need. One way I try to help those in need is ringing the Salvation Army bell and singing Christmas Carols. The money raised goes to people in need in our community for basic needs, such as food and rent.

Christmas is a great reminder of why we come together as family and friends. I love giving gifts to celebrate how much a person means to me and watch them smile when they open it.

There is so much fun leading up to Christmas. Houses are transformed with twinkling lights and decorations. One of my favorites is putting up our Christmas tree that has special ornaments made by my brother and I in grade school.  We normally begin decorating after Thanksgiving, but this year we started a week earlier because we enjoy looking at them so much.

Another is baking countless amounts of cookies!  My favorite is cut-out cookies with frosting. They are a lot of work to make!

I also love the season of Christmas. Snowfall is great because I enjoy spending holiday break skiing and who doesn’t love to build a snowman!

Christmas music and movies are the best! Playing Christmas music just makes everyone happy and who doesn’t love watching Elf over and over.

These are just a few of my favorites. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!