National Diabetes Awareness Month

Did you know that November is the month that we spread awareness about diabetes? If you didn’t know, now you know and I’ll tell you what diabetes is, how it can affect you, and some ways that you can try to avoid getting them, but if they are well known in your family, then you are probably going to get them.

Diabetes is when your body can’t handle all the sugar intake that you are consuming, so it causes you to get a high blood sugar. It can cause harm to your eyes, kidneys, nerves and your heart. The most common types of diabetes that you can get are either type 1 or 2 and prediabetes. Prediabetes is when you are swaying from being in the realm of having diabetes because they have high blood sugar, but also rocketing on not having diabetes at all.

A person will know if they have type 1 diabetes if they are showing signs of feeling very thirsty/hungry all the time, having extreme fatigue, blurry vision, and if they have any cuts/bruises that are healing very slow. When adults are diagnosed with this, it is sometimes mistaken for type 2 diabetes because it is most common for adults to get type 2 then 1. A person that has type 2 diabetes will have the same signs as type 1, but the only difference is they will also show signs of having tingling, pain, or numbness in their hands.

Source:

https://diabetes.org/