Missing Person: Madeleine McCann

On May 3rd, 2007, the lives of Kate and Gerry McCann would be changed forever. Madeleine was only 3 years old when she was abducted that night, while her parents and friends were out eating at a restaurant that was only 100 yards away from the apartment. Madeleine, her twin siblings, and her parents were vacationing at Praia da Luz, Portugal. The night that she went missing, the parents and friends were at a restaurant while they left the children sleeping in the apartment. Everyone of them would go to the apartment and check on them every hour or so. When it was Kate’s turn to check on her children, she saw that Madeleine was missing. She called the police and her and some of the guests spent all night looking for Madeleine. There was no evidence those surrounding days until May 26th, when someone reported that they had “a description of a man seen the night of Madeleine’s disappearance, possibly carrying a child.” In June, the police said that there was evidence missing in the crime scene since the scene wasn’t protected properly. Throughout the years there were more aligned sightings coming from people, but the police could never find the right suspect. In October 2013, the police had stated that there were more than 41 suspects that could have taken her. This went on for a decade, the police would find some matches, but then they would end it because it lead them nowhere. The last update that we have gotten from police was on, May 23rd, 2023, the news came out that the police were going to be searching a place that was 30 miles away from Praia da Luz and that it had been completely shut down, so that the police could search. Other than that no new news has come out about her disappearance and the family still hasn’t got any sort of closure.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52910472