Orion defeats Rockridge

Orion Volleyball

Rockridge vs. Orion August 29th

The Freshman team took the court first. The first set was very competitive. They just kept going back and forth, it was a very tough set. It came very close to the end. A lot of cheering from the stands. The rockets took the lead at the end and won the first set. Second set the Orion Freshmen team came out ready. The second set was also very competitive and close. They had great ups, sets, and hits down to the rockets. This set was even closer than the first. The Orion Freshmen won the second set with a great hit down to the Rockets. So both teams were coming out ready for the third. It was a great third set for both teams. The Rockets won by a few points. It was a great game for both.

The JV team took the court second. They warmed up and were fired up to go against one of our biggest rivals. They started out very strong with amazing hits down to them. Everyone was so pumped up. The stands and student section were very loud and so was the team. Orion won the first set by quite a bit. They were so excited and ready for the second set to start. The Rockets came out stronger than they did in the first set, so Orion had some more competition. It was still another great set for Orion. Orion was still going strong. If anyone made a little mistake everyone would shake it off and move onto the next point, keeping their energy high. Orion did great towards the end of the second set and won!

Varsity then took the court. Everyone was so excited to watch the final game of the night. The starting players got announced and everyone was pumped up. This game also started out amazing. Both teams were playing hard. Points were going back and forth and both sides of the stands were loud. Rockridge got the lead at the end and won the first set. Second set was then starting. The second set was also very close. Orion did great the second set and was not gonna give up. Our varsity then beat Rockridge and so a third set was going to start. Orion did even better the third set to finish off the game with beating Rockride.