Welcome Back to Gray Matters!

Everyone is welcomed back at Gray Matters this year!

If you didn’t already know, Gray Matters is an organization, created by Haley DeGreve, that comes together to spread awareness about mental health and overall make the world a better place.

This year, some smaller activities will be coming back, but some will unfortunately not. However, there are some larger events this year that would be a great experience to attend.

The first event isĀ The Starry Night Gala, which is a fundraiser for mental health care. Last year, this event managed to raise over 40,ooo dollars for the cause, and there was even a panel of people involved with the organization to answer questions and spread the word that mental health matters.

Haley DeGreve with Gray Matters leaders.

The second event is a photo campaign, where anyone can take a black and white photo of themselves holding up their motivational sentence.

Katilyn Greenwood at the photo campaign.

Finally, this year there will be an Orion/Sherrard soccer game to raise money for mental health awareness, and anyone that can step in to help organize this event would be highly appreciated.

Along with all the new and past events, this year has also brought a google classroom. The google classroom will contain a calendar for all of the meeting dates, event details, and lots of sources to reach out to if you need help. For anyone wondering, the class code is 3igco2j.

If anyone is a part or not a part of the Gray Matters Collective and is struggling with their own mental health, or is wondering how to help someone with mental health issues, you can come talk to anybody in the group and expect to feel welcome and safe. A couple of the Gray Matters leaders are Maya VanDuyne and Katilyn Greenwood.

Our meetings are usually on Wednesdays at 7:15 AM. The next couple of meetings will be on September 6th in the library and on September 20th in Mrs. Feldott’s room. Breakfast is included most of the time for anyone who wants it. We hope to see you there!

First Gray Matters meeting of the year.