Spring Break and its Benefits

Spring Break and its Benefits

In less than one week, students of Orion High School will be let out on spring break, which also means there are less than seven early wake-ups until we can choose when to start our day. Along with sleeping in, no homework and tests, and vacations, spring break stands as a point in the school year for students to look forward to because of these benefits. However, this break is also an advantage for students mentally, as their brains don’t have to continuously complete loads of homework, study for tests, and practice sports at the same time to try and achieve exemplary grades.

Because finals and the end of school are nearing fairly quickly, it’s only fair for students to be allowed time for catching up, as it can get hectic right before spring break. According to drmessina.com, “Stress and anxiety can reduce during this time, which we certainly know by now is massively favorable to the overall health of an individual.” Students can take this time to become more organized and prepare for the last stretch of the school year.

During this last week before spring break, it’s essential for students to keep up with homework, tests, and projects to ensure they are going into break with exceptional grades that promotes self-respect and esteem. Although it is extremely difficult to stay motivated to do school work, students need to remember that they will be getting well-earned time off for their hard work and determination. Overall, spring break is a necessity and is at a perfect time for students to not be completely miserable in the last few months of school.