Caitlin Clark

Caitlin Clark

Caitlin Clark, the Iowa Basketball Star, is taking the basketball court by storm!  She started playing basketball at age 5.  Her Dad couldn’t find a girls’ team her age group, so she joined a boys team.  Colleges started to pay attention to Caitlin when she was in middle school, according to Sports Illustrated.  She got offers from a bunch of schools, but she eventually decided on Iowa.  Caitlin said she loves a packed gym and the support of women’s basketball and that is why she chose Iowa, and it’s also close to home.  Her number is #22 and she is 6′ 0″ guard, hometown is West Des Moines, and High School was Dowling Catholic.  While Caitlin is currently a senior in college, she is expected to be a first draft pick for the WNBA.

Caitlin is confirmed to be one of the greatest players in the history of college basketball and her accomplishments aren’t slowing down.  The accolades continue to add up every game.  Recently she became the all-time women’s Division 1 scoring leader, as well as all-time leading scorer in the NCAA basketball history – men’s or women’s.  Days ago, Caitlin hit her 163rd 3-pointer of the 2023-24 basketball season, which of course broke the NCAA single-season record for most made 3s.

It will be a week or so before we can see more Hawkeye basketball.  After winning their third consecutive Big Ten tournament title, they now have some time to rest.  The University of Iowa is on spring break.  So hopefully they are enjoying a few days rest and sleeping in.  Looking forward to the next game!