That’s a Wrap!

The End of the Student Hunger Drive
Thats a Wrap!

The Student Hunger Drive is officially over! Thank you to all of those who participated in donating. This year, the winning class for our fifth period competition was, once again, Mrs. Nightingale’s fifth period. They will receive a free lunch of their choice. Mrs. Peterson’s fifth period won second place.

At the beginning of the Hunger Drive in October, we were barely receiving any donations and our hopes began to drop; however, the OHS Student Council was able to come up with many interesting, fun ways to raise more money including a bake sale, change drive, dodgeball tournament, phones in study hall, and hat day. The bake sale and change drive both made way more money than was expected, which was great.

Our Student Council sponsor, Mrs. Nightingale, was able to take many members to the loading day for the Hunger Drive at the River Bend Food Bank where they unloaded all of our boxes of food from C.R. Hanna, OMS, OHS, and the community to see the grand total weight.

We are happy to say that this year we collected the most pounds of food that we ever have! We had a total of 15,532 pounds of food which amounts to 54.69 pounds per student and provides 13,539 meals that will be distributed throughout 23 counties. Although we did not win first place in our division this year, we still received a well-earned second!

Thanks again to everyone who helped us out. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Hunger Drive dates again next year!