Meet Your Student Council Leaders

Meet Your Student Council Leaders

The OHS Student Council has five different elected positions in it: president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and publicity. Each has their own important role to help keep the student body organized.

Firstly, we have our president, Sadie Lough. Sadie is a senior at OHS and is involved in many school activities like NHS, Senior Executive Council, Gray Matters, and volleyball. The main role of the president is to be a leader and help to make sure all voices can be heard.

The next position is vice president. Senior Maya VanDuyne is our vice president and an active member in our community. She is in Senior Executive Council, cross country, and Gray Matters. The vice president also helps to assist the president in managing the student body.

The Student Council secretary is Abby Kayser. Abby is an OHS sophomore in cross country, track and field, and FCA. The main role of the secretary is to help with headcount as well as relaying messages from the student body to the president.

Another job available in the OHS Student Council is the treasurer. Aubrey Sandberg, an OHS junior, holds this position. Along with Student Council, she also participates in NHS, Junior Executive Council, volleyball, and soccer. Treasurers commonly deal with the financial aspects of student council, managing the funds that come in and out.

Lastly, there is publicity, held by Sophomore Allyssa Peterson. Outside of Student Council, Allyssa plays volleyball and softball. The main role of publicity is to run the OHS Student Council sponsored social media accounts, alerting everybody of any important events that are happening that students may want to know.

Student Council helps to plan so many events within our school. Next time one is being held, we hope you can join us and have a good time while helping out our community!