Missing Person: Trudy Appleby

On August 21st, 2023 was the 27th anniversary of Trudy Appleby being missing. Trudy was last seen on August 21st, 1996 leaving her home in Moline, IL. Days before she went missing her father had said that she had asked if she could see a friend that lives in Campbell’s Island, but he said no. He didn’t want her to go there. Although phone records state that she was still planning on going anyway. Police have stated that the last time she was seen was at 9:30 a.m with a man in his 20s, and she was getting into his car that is described to be a Chevrolet Cavalier. This car was owned by one of the people of interest in this case which is William “Ed” Smith. He lived on Campbell’s Island and it makes sense that he is a person of interest since she was going to go there and visit a friend. The other two people of interest are David Whipple and Jamison Fisher. Unfortunately Whipple passed away in August 2022, and Jamison Fisher was put into jail on other charges. There was a lead two weeks ago at a Colona home, but there was no evidence found for the Trudy Appleby case. Police are still having an ongoing case for Trudy and they won’t stop until they have the answer as to what happened to her.