Senior post grad plans

Hayley VanDuyne, Writer

As the end of the school year quickly approaches, everyone is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Although we will all graduate with the same diploma, we will all soon be going our separate ways very soon. There’s a lot of opportunity waiting for us and many different paths to success. College isn’t made for everyone. Christian Lapsley, for example, has the end goal of being an electrical engineer. He plans to either go to the national guard to pay for any school he might need. Otherwise, he will go straight into the trades. Kaitlyn Wilburn plans to attend Kirkwood for her associates degree in Nursing and then possibly transfer to the University of Iowa to continue her degree. Addi Awbrey has a similar career path as she will be attending Belmont University for interior design. I firmly believe that people’s interests play a huge role in shaping their career path and getting them in the right direction. For example, Leah Manning will be moving to California in January to attend a program to become a make-up artist. We’ve all been learning what we do and don’t like for 12 years now.

Now, we will take the knowledge of what we know we can handle into the world. We’ve all had different life experiences as well as how we experienced high school. These different experiences will lead us to all kinds of opportunities 🙂