Should You be Allowed to Have Your Phone During Class?

Gabby McConaghy, Writer

Many people these days have cell phones that they bring to school.Even some elementary students carry a phone in their backpack but should these kids be able to have their cellphones in classroom setting? This is such a debatable topic and I think we should have them in the classroom and here is why:

Students have the responsibility of coming to school and learning and phones could be bad to have. Phones would be better tucked away in opinion because when you are on your phone, that takes away time from doing your classwork or homework which can pile up more stress that we need. We have so much stress that we wouldn’t need that. I also think that if you are on your phone the entire time in class, that is your faust and you are responsible for not learning anything. Someone would also ruin it by cheating on a test by using their phone for answers on quizzes and tests. One more bad thing would be cyberbullying. Cyber bullying is harder for teachers to identify what’s happening and how to stop it.

Cell phones can also benefit us in the classroom. You can use it to look on websites that are blocked on the chromebooks. Teachers can also let us use our phones and give us apps we can use it. An example of using certain app in the classroom is Khan Academy and Quizlet. We can also use are phones for music. I don’t know about you but music is crucial in my life and helps me get my homework done and is very calming. Even if we could have our phones in classes like gym and art just for music, it would make the class way better.

Source: https://www.oxfordlearning.com/should-cell-phones-be-allowed-classrooms/