2 Bilit 2 Quit

Katie Noyd, Journalist

For those of you who may not be in Spanish with Profe B, Mrs. Benedict, or Profe A, Mrs. Avea may not have heard about the current testing going on. In Spanish 3 and 4 there are students who have been testing to receive The Seal of Biliteracy. The Seal of Biliteracy is a huge honor in which a student becomes recognized for receiving a high level of proficiency in one or more languages. The Seal consist of 4 sections to complete the test, there is a reading, listening, writing, and speaking. All together, depending on how fast you work and the time available, the test can range anywhere from 1 week -2 weeks to complete. When receiving your results you could receive anywhere from a Novice 1 to an Advanced 1. In order to completely pass the section of your test you must receive an Intermediate 5. If you receive anywhere from 2-3 sections of The Seal then you automatically receive The Commendation for the sections you passed. This Commendation is also an amazing honor to receive after only being introduced to the language for 3-4 years. The Seal of Biliteracy is an amazing test to also assist with college classes in a foreign language. Depending on the college and whether it’s in state or out of state you could be offered up to thousands of dollars for college credit to support your degree. Not only, does it pay itself to take the test, but it also creates a written certificate to prove your foreign language abilities, which makes one look more versatile in the eyes of an employer.

This year the recipients of The Seal of Biliteracy were as follows; Zach Kline, Malia Bollinger, Jeffrey Holbrook, Jamie Abbott, Isabel Blessman, Jenna Zurcher, Maddie Seabloom, and Kinsley Barnard. With a few more people waiting for results…