Getting to Know Each Other at Gray Matters

At the recent Gray Matters matters meeting on January 17th, 2024, we decided to learn more about each other through a social activity called “Self-Esteem”. Each player gets a turn at rolling a die to determine which prompt to answer. Every number revealed on the die correlates to a different prompt. The six prompts are: one thing you’re proud you accomplished, two things you love about yourself, three hobbies you’re really good at, four moments that made you feel special, five ways to help your self-esteem each day, and six people you can go to about anything. Although we don’t think of these things on a day-to-day basis, it’s important to remind ourselves why we matter.

Challenges that you accomplish prove to yourself that you can conquer difficult things. The mindset of not giving up on any obstacles sets the path for future successes because you believe in yourself and your ability to perform greatly.

It can be exceptionally easy to put yourself down, but continuously recognizing that behavior and turning it into love for yourself is beneficial for your well-being.

Knowing what hobbies or interests you are best at can help with increasing your confidence and self-esteem. Hobbies also give you a sense of identity because you may not have the same enjoyment towards a specific activity.

Going back and finding memorable moments during a difficult time can definitely help you push through any challenges. Embracing joyful moments only makes us appreciate life more.

Our self-esteem is one of the most important things to improve because we never know what a day will hold. A healthy self-esteem only motivates you to do bigger and better things.

Finally, having people to communicate with at your worst, best, or in between can immensely help with stress and decision making. Knowing you have someone to go to in a troubling situation can provide a sense of belonging as well as increase your happiness.

Special thanks to the Rocky Gray Matters chapter for this game idea. We had a ton of fun learning something new about each other and can’t wait till the next meeting.