Balinese Cats

Balinese Cat Breed
Balinese Cats

A Balinese cat is a toned down version of the Siamese cat (remember the cats on the movie Lady & The Tramp).   The Balinese cat is classified as a rare breed and ranks 35th in popularity of the 41 breeds recognized by the cat association.  These cats are very adaptable and do well in active households with other pets.  They love social interaction, but won’t be too over demanding about it.  They are considered to be among the smartest of all cat breeds and can easily learn tricks.

Balinese cats look like a long haired Siamese from the neck up.  They have almond shaped blue eyes, wedge shaped head and big ears.  They have a beautiful and full tail.  They have a single coat and it’s silky to the touch.  Their body is athletic and muscular.  Balinese have minimal shedding and no matting problems.  They are pretty maintenance free.

When you think of a hypo-allergenic cat, you probably think of hairless cats.  One of the reasons we have two Balinese cats is because they are the most hypo-allergenic cat breed.  Balinese produce a very small amount of the protein, Fel D1, so the allergic responses are significantly lower.

A fun fact about Balinese cats is that they can come in many color points – Seal point, Blue point, Chocolate, point, and Lilac point are all color choices.

They are also generally healthy.  The average lifespan is also 15 – 20 years.

Balinese cats are elegant, affectionate, talkative, and social, making them an ideal companion for adults, children, and even other pets.