Exciting Gray Matters News and Upcoming Events

Last week’s Gray Matters meeting took place in Mrs. Feldott’s room and held a photo campaign. This campaign encourages students to use creativity to create their own motivational quotes. They will then get their picture taken with the quote, and if their parents signed the media consent form given out at the meeting, then the black and white picture will be posted on the Gray Matters Instagram page. This activity is a amazing idea for spreading awareness on mental health, and it is great that there were so many participants.

As some may know, next week there will be a boys soccer game (Orion versus Monmouth-Roseville) on October 2nd at 5pm on Orion’s field. This event will help fundraise for the Gray Matters Collective to help spread awareness about mental health. Maya Vanduyne, one of the officers for the collective, explains how this is a wonderful opportunity to shine light on men’s mental health. She also gives impactful insight to the event by explaining how “The mental health demographic in 2023 should not be considered one of weaknesses, but a chance to strengthen your own overall health and well-being.”

Going to this soccer game not only helps fundraise for mental health, but it also helps to spread popularity for the Gray Matters Collective. Spreading the idea to different schools helps more people realize that it isn’t unusual to discuss mental health.

Any help with this event is much appreciated, so make sure to contact Maya Vanduyne, Katilyn Greenwood, or Mrs. Feldott if you’re interested.