Little Women

Little+Women

Hailey Schoutteet, Writer

Little Women is set in the years after the Civil War, Jo March lives in New York and makes her living as a writer, while her sister Amy studies painting in Paris. Amy has a chance encounter with Theodore, a childhood crush who proposed to Jo but was ultimately rejected. Their oldest sibling, Meg, is married to a schoolteacher, while shy sister Beth develops a devastating illness that brings the family back together.

Orion High School hosted the Little Women play which was held this past weekend. This play had to be my favorite one I have been to so far. Everything was set up perfectly and could not have gone better. I think anyone can agree that the cast did absolutely wonderful. As for the seniors, this was their last high school play and they had a pretty emotional experience.

“Our musical production of Little Women faced its challenges, but we still put on a spectacular show! All of our cast, crew, and tech personnel put in their all to make this musical one to remember. I will miss working with our wonderful director Tristan and Savannah Tapscott, and all of the wonderful students that make the drama department thrive!”   ~ Lauren Dobbles

“As a first time performer, and being my first year in choir, it was definitely stressful to keep up with my much more experienced castmates. However, once I was on stage, I had an absolute blast in helping to make this year’s musical production come to life.”  ~ Colin Essary