Stanley Cup Craze

Stanley
Stanley Cup Craze

It may be just a water bottle with a removable straw and side handle, but these tumblers that come in a variety of sizes and colors have been flying off the shelves the last few years.  It has been reported that people have been camping out overnight and getting in fights while waiting in line when a new tumbler is announced.

Most don’t realize that in 1913, William Stanley Jr. created the Stanley all-steel vacuum flask, better known as the Stanley bottle.  Rumor has it, that he wanted his coffee hot all day while he was working and was inspired to apply some of his theories learned while developing transformers.  Stanley said, “these bottles not only possess remarkable thermal properties, but as they are made of steel they are practically indestructible.”

For most of its more than 100 years in existence, the company, now just called Stanley, is based in Seatle, focused on targeting outdoorsmen and blue-collar workers wanting a durable flask.  They are doing very well with a comfortable 70 million in annual sales with the hammertone green products.  Now they have tapped into the power of influencers with a huge female following, turning its Quencher model into the latest trend.  Stanley’s sales topped over 750 million in 2023.  Stanley has sold more than 10 million Quenchers, and demand for the cup doesn’t look to be slowing any time soon.  While the success of the Quencher was fueled in large part by an embrace of colors by its new female audience, Stanley was clearly onto something in its first 110 years.

stanley193.com

www.businessinsider.com