Nashville School Shooting

Nashville School Shooting

Hailey Schoutteet, Writer

On March 27th 2023 a shooter with 2 rifles and a handgun killed 3 students and 3 teachers at the Christian school in Nashville, Tennessee, authorities said. The police identified the suspect as Audrey Hale, 28 years old. The suspect identified as transgender through their social media account as he/him. There was no previous record of crime before she opened fire at the school. She had a detailed map layout of the school and surveillance watching the Pre-K to 6th grade and allegedly shot through the door to gain access to the school. The suspect entered through the side entrance that was locked.  The children were all 9 years old and the adults were 61, 61, and 60, who were the head people in the school. The police shot and killed the suspect in the lobby on the second floor about 14 minutes after the 911 call was placed. The shooting was reported at 10:13am and the suspect was shot and killed at 10:27am. President Biden urged congress to pass the assault weapons ban because “It is time that we begin to make some more progress.” Biden said. He ordered flags to be at half staff throughout the day Friday. Bill Campbell the former principal said that he remembered Hale as a 3rd grader in 2005-06. “It’s just an absolute tragedy what’s happened by the former student and what she did to the teacher and students,” Campbell said.

This is very tragic for everyone involved. When will enough be enough? This is the 131st mass shooting in America just in 2023 alone. My condolences to the families involved.