Prepare Now: April School Events and Weather

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sarah Jacobsen

Being a student from Orion High School, it is your duty to support your town and your classmates. This is why you should read this article, get your planners out, and go to school events. The end of April is packed with events from Softball to Track to Baseball to Soccer to Prom, so start planning your schedules now. Listed below is a list of the rest of the month’s schedule and the predicted weather.

Friday the 19th: Friday is packed with sports. Track and Field competes at the Rockridge Invite. Varsity and Junior Varsity Baseball play at home against the Bureau Valley Storm, Varsity at 4:30 and Junior Varsity at 6:30. Varsity and Junior Varsity Softball is also home against the Bureau Valley Storm, Varsity at 4:30 and Junior Varsity at 6:00. The weather is predicted to be partially cloudy with a high of 60 degrees.

Monday the 22nd: Both Softball and Baseball Varsity play in Sherrard at 4:30. Following the Softball game, Junior Varsity Softball plays in Sherrard. Junior Varsity Baseball will play at home against Sherrard at 4:30. It is predicted to rain with a high of 65 degrees.

Tuesday the 23rd: Track and Field competes at the Mercer County Golden Eagle Invite at 4:00. Varsity Soccer and Junior Varsity play in Canton at 4:30 and 6:00 respectively. Softball is home against Knoxville, Varsity at 4:30 and Junior Varsity at 6:00. It is predicted to rain with a high of 66 degrees.

Wednesday the 24th: There are home Baseball and Softball makeup games against Riverdale at home, both Varsity games at 4:30, Junior Varsity Baseball at 6:30, and Junior Varsity Softball at 6:00. There is an After Prom meeting from 6:00 to 8:00 in the OHS library. It is predicted to rain with a high of 67 degrees.

Thursday the 25th: Softball and Baseball Varsity play at home against Sherrard at 4:30. Junior Varsity Baseball plays at 4:30 at Sherrard, while the Junior Varsity Softball game will follow Varsity at 6:00. The weather is predicted to be sunny with a high of 71 degrees, perfect weather for Spring activities.

Friday the 26th: Track competes at the Tiger Relays in Sherrard at 4:00. Varsity and Junior Soccer takes on Galesburg High School  at home at 4:30 and 6:00 respectively. Varsity and Junior Varsity Softball go to Sterling to play Newman Central Catholic High School at 4:30 and 6:00 respectively. Varsity Baseball also goes to Sterling to play Newman Central Catholic High School at 4:30 while Junior Varsity Baseball stays home to play the same opponent at 4:30 as well. The large group IESA Music Festival will also take place Friday night, time is still to be announced. The weather is predicted to be partially cloudy with a high of 75 degrees.

Saturday the 27th: Luckily, your Saturday will be free of sports and full of time to get all fancy and dancey for Prom. After Prom will start at 11:00. Perfect day for outside pictures with partially cloudy skies and a high of 69 degrees.

Sunday the 28th: This does not pertain directly to any readers of the Scarlet Ink, but if you have a younger sister, you’ll have Sunday night alone with your mother and other siblings because of the Daddy Daughter Dance from 3:00-8:00.

Monday the 29th: After a long weekend, Monday picks right back up into the madness of sports. Varsity Baseball plays in riverdale at 4:30, Junior Varsity Baseball following at 6:30 in Riverdale as well. Softball is to be announced. Varsity Soccer plays against Princeton at home for their senior night at 4:30, Junior Varsity follows at 6:30. It is supposed to be sunny with a high of 68 degrees.

Tuesday the 30th: Varsity Baseball plays at home against Monmouth Roseville at 4:30 and Junior Varsity Baseball following at 6:30. It is predicted to be partially cloudy with a high of 64 degrees.

For more information about the games or more recent updates on weather, check https://il.8to18.com/orion/calendar for sports and The Weather App for weather, obviously. If you’ve made it this far, make sure to go out and support and get some sun.