Movie Review- The Perfect Date

Back to Article
Back to Article

Movie Review- The Perfect Date

Brooke Norberg, Writer

Noah Centineo has been a star in recent Netflix Original films, such as, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, Sierra Burgess is a Loser, and now The Perfect Date. The Perfect Date is a movie that all the fans of the Disney television show, Austin and Ally will love, because Laura Marano is the girl starring in the film.

Brooks Rattigan, a senior in high school, has hopes of going to his dream school, Yale, but financing this dream proves troubling. His father has a different hope for him because Brooks has a full ride to a public college, the University of Connecticut. Brooks gains the opportunity to pose as a fake boyfriend for a combat-loving, Cecilia Lieberman to make some extra cash. While on the date at Cecilia’s fancy, wealthy school he meets Shelby, the girl of his dreams.  Brooks learns he has a knack for being a stand in because of his adaptable personality. With the help of his friend Murph, Brooks creates an app to sell himself as a stand in for any and all occasion.  Cecilia and Brooks continue their fake relationship in hopes they get the person they are interested in. Through the whole movie, Brooks loses himself by going through all these personalities. He decides to stop pretending to be somebody else and figure out who Brooks Rattigan is.

The Perfect Date is like any typical and highly predictable romantic comedy, but has a better concept that other movies of this genre. The theme behind this movie is to not pose as what people want you to be and be who you want to be. It’s an important message to get across to people in this society due to all the demands. The movie is a must watch film because of its concept and the fact that Noah Centineo stars in it.