Song Review: I Love It by Kanye West (& Lil Pump)

Ray Herd, Writer

PARENTAL ADVISORY: EXPLICIT CONTENT

This week’s review is of a song instead of an album. In my opinion, there were no exceptional albums released in the past week, but that’s just my opinion. If you thought there were good albums or songs released this week, comment them and I will review them. Anyway, back to the review.

“I Love It” by Kanye West is definitely something that I’ve never seen or heard before. The song has a very weird and sexual opening that I don’t think would be school appropriate, so let’s just leave it at that. Next, the vocal talents of Lil Pump come in at the chorus.  After this, Kanye has one very weird and subpar verse, and finally, the song just ends. It has a slim run time of two minutes and seven seconds.

When I saw this collaboration, I thought it was gonna be a really good song, a banger if you will. Kanye’s new music has been really weird, and hasn’t lived up to the quality of his past music. With that in mind, I thought that with the young talent of Lil Pump, accompanied by Kanye West’s return to his old style of rapping, the song was going to be amazing. Instead, it has just turned into something comparable to a trash can fire keeping homeless people warm in the winter.

The song has also become a huge meme due to the stupid lyrics and the video. I would link the video to this article, but the school has blocked it. What I have done, though, is include a screenshot of the music video as the head image of this article. You can only use your imagination to visualize how bad the music video is.

In summary, this song is awful. Don’t waste your time listening to it. If you want something to laugh at, you can watch the music video, but I still wouldn’t even recommend that. I’d give this song a 2/10.