Suicide Rates

Suicide Rates

Kallie Roberson, Writer

Since the quarantine begun did you know the suicide rates have went up? Why is that though? It could be because they are stuck at home no longer allowed to hangout with friends or go to school. It sucks not having your norm and parents think that we are just trying to get attention, but in reality they never went through this. They got a normal high school experience while teens nowadays are wishing they could get a high school experience. Most kids struggle at home as it is and being locked there isn’t helping their mental health. School is a get away for a lot of teens, it a safe space they can come to-to get out of reality. In March 2020 to the end of december there has been twice as may of deaths than there was in the year before. This shows that being stuck at home was bad on almost everybody. We all struggled and We feel for the ones that couldn´t push through. As schools start to open back up the suicide rates have gone down because kids are actually starting to get back to their normal lives. No matter how much kids and teen`hate school it will always be sort of a stress reliever from their own home. Suicide is something tragic and we all think of it as a selfish thing to do, but in reality whats selfish is pushing someone to the point where they don’t want to live anymore, We as people try to guilt trip  them into staying by telling them that their sibling would miss them or they have to think about other before themselves. We need to support them and help them stay for their well being not others. If you notice someone thinking about ending it help them, guide them, get them help, do anything, but don’t just sit and watch because it would be something we all would grieve.