COVID Friendly Spring Activities: Part 2

Kasey Filler, Writer

It’s starting to get a lot nicer outside. The grass is growing, birds are chirping, and the weather is slowly getting warmer. This is the time of year people want to start getting outside and going places. Although, it’d be nice to go visit anywhere you want there are still a lot of restrictions due to COVID that are probably what’s holding you back from doing those things you normally would. About a month ago now I wrote an article titled “COVID Friendly Spring Activities” and people told me that they really enjoyed reading it. This is why I decided to do a part two. Believe it or not there are a lot of opportunities to get outside and do something fun during spring time right in the Quad Cities. In the first part I suggested everyone went to Wildcat Den State Park and Bishop Hill, but if you’ve already been to both of those places or just want another idea of where to go you’re in luck! I have one more activity in mind that makes for a perfect spring adventures.

Baseball Games

Baseball is Back! The Quad Cities River Bandits play at Modern Woodman Park in Davenport, IA. Their games start the first week of May. I highly recommend going to a game this spring/summer with your family and friends. At the River bandits games there are also amusement park rides that fans can ride.  A River bandits game is something everyone from your grandma to your siblings can enjoy. Modern Woodmen park was voted one of the best minor league ballparks in the country. Since COVID is still a thing there are some rules and regulations people that attend games have to follow. While attending a game fans have to wear a face mask at all times and there can only be a maximum of six people sitting less than 6 feet apart from each other.

If you don’t want to pay for a ticket to a River Bandits game but still enjoy watching baseball games the high school baseball team is starting to play games this weekend. Their first game is at home against Monmouth- Roseville at 10a.m. with a JV game to follow.

If you want to learn more about spring activities that are happening in the Quad Cities click here!