Netflix Originals: Tiny Pretty Things

Netflix Originals: Tiny Pretty Things

Kaitlyn Wilburn, Writer

Over winter break, a lot of new Netflix series and movies have been released. I watched a lot of trailers and read many descriptions of these shows and movies and decided to watch them and write a review of the ones I watch. This week I watched the new Netflix original series Tiny Pretty Things.

This show is a ballet school murder mystery. It follows the lives of ballet students studying and dancing at the Archer School of Ballet in Chicago, Illinois. The show starts by introducing the main character, Neveah, who is approached at her former ballet school being told that she got into Archer after being previously rejected. The show introduces the pushing, or falling, of Cassie Shore. Cassie is, or was, the ballet star of the school who was adored by teachers and envied by all the students. The most envious of the students was Bette, who was always dancing in Cassie’s shadow. When Neveah was placed at Archer, she took Cassie’s spot and dorm. While it took time to warm up to Neveah, the students eventually became friends with her and all worked together to figure out what happened to Cassie. The whole series revolves around the mystery of who pushed Cassie and the students competing for the top spot in the ballets where they perform for audiences and the school board.

Overall I really enjoyed this series and recommend it. If you enjoy watching ballet or you enjoy a mystery TV show, then you might like it.