One Person, Two Lives

One Person, Two Lives

Abby Schuler, Writer

It was freshman year and I went to get to my locker down the hallway. I hurried and tried to hide it as much as I could. I hurried to the bathroom stall and quickly let it happen so I could control it. I called my sensei to see what setting I can set my watch to, to control it throughout the day. “Jennie, under the watch there is a nob so you can raise the setting to a higher voltage.” I reset the nob then went to class. I got my Trig 101 class and got the last seat in the back. Mr. Jacobson started teaching the new lesson plan for the school year. Later the bell rang and I quickly went and changed for my next class, when it was time to go to practice I rushed so we could figure out why I kept changing my appearance when I didn’t want to. Sensei checked me over and told me my ability to change appearances  isn’t working and eventually I will have to show my true appearance and never get my powers back. Throughout the week the watch started becoming weaker and weaker, resulting in me becoming more homebound until the watch was repaired.

I was chilling on the couch and all of a sudden my hand turned my natural color . . . Which has never happened since I was able to change my appearance. I ran to the bathroom to check on the rest of me and I was in my own skin. DING I went to the door and checked to see who it was, out of all people it had to be my crush Blake from Trig 101. I said hello, “Hey Ella, I’ve noticed that you weren’t here this week so I decided to bring you your assignments.” I told him “Thank you,” and he could just leave them on the table outside and I will grab them. He left and I quickly grabbed and hurried inside, looking over everything. I noticed he had written his number and told me to text him sometime. Later that night I went to text him but got on snapchat first, noticing weird messages from my best friend Izzy.