Regional Champs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Regional Champs

Mackenzie Grafton, Writer

The charger volleyball team had a phenomenal performance this regional. After beating Keewanee 25 to 8 and 25 to 12.  They took on Princeton on their home court, with their loud student section. However, this did not even phase the chargers. They played an all around clean game of volleyball. The charger started off the first set with a 10-4 lead. Princeton battled back to make it 11-8. Libero, Kati Kratzberg, stopped this run when she went back to the service line. She tallied off 8 serves, with one being an ace. This gave the Chargers a 20-8 lead. The chargers finished the first set 25-9. Going into the second set, the chargers and tigers were neck and neck at the beginning. Finally, the chargers went back to the service line and went on a run. Orion ended up winning the second set 25-11. 

This is the 8th regional title in a row for the Charger volleyball team. In the past 12 years, they have won 11 regional titles. The chargers move on to sectionals. Which is hosted by spring valley hall high school. They will play deer creek Macanow this Tuesday for the first round of sectionals. Come out and support your charger volleyball team, on their road to state.

For more information and stats on the game visit qconline.com. Also, for pictures of the game visit this link.