Volleyball Senior Night

Back to Article
Back to Article

Volleyball Senior Night

Mackenzie Grafton, Writer

Before I start talking about senior night, let’s start from the beginning of the week. The charger volleyball team played Riverdale on Tuesday. After a rough first match against the Rams (23-25), the chargers bounced back and beat the Rams 25-8 in the second set. In the third set they played really well and came out on top, winning 25-18. For more information on the game, visit this link. 

Last night was the last home volleyball game this season. For senior night, the team played Morrison. The freshman team won in three sets, while the JV team won in two sets. The Varsity team has had an incredible season so far, as they are 33-1. I would like to honor each one of our seniors: Faith Catour, Olivia Farwell, Mackenzie Grafton, Sarah Jacobsen, and Emiliah Morrison. These five seniors have been playing together since fourth grade. In middle school, they only lost one match throughout their whole career. Olivia plans on attending Trinity Christian College. Sarah plans on attending Illinois State University to continue her volleyball career. Mackenzie plans on attending Lewis University to continue her volleyball career as well. While, Faith and Emiliah are still undecided. This varsity team has placed first at every single one of their tournaments this year. The charger volleyball team came out on top last night, beating Morrison 25-8 and 25–4. Finishing the regular season last night, the chargers are tied conference champs with Fulton. Next week is regionals, in which they will play on Tuesday against the winner of Kewanee and Mendota. Regionals are in Princeton, and they play at 5:30 on Tuesday.

Congratulations to all the Seniors and good luck during post season.