Anime Suggestion of the Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Anime Suggestion of the Week

Lauren Handley, Writer

My Hero Academia, is one of the most popular animes right now and has a new season coming out next month. This anime focuses on a boy named Izuku Midoriya, who was born quirkless (a quirk is a special ability that develops when you are young) in a world full of people with their own unique quirks. 

All Izuku Midoriya ever wanted to do was be a hero like his idol All Might, but since he doesn’t have a quirk people don’t think he can be a hero. Then one day his whole world changed when he met All Might because of a villain attack. Izuku was about to be taken over by a villain made of sludge, but All Might saved him from this terrible fate and Izuku would later grab onto All Might when he was leaving to go take this Villain to the authorities. 

When All Might landed with Izuku, he scolded him and told him something he did not expect. All Might told him he could not be a hero because he was quirkless, but Izuku defies odds when he tries to save Katsuki Bakugo from the very same sludge villain that earlier had escaped from All Might when no one else was taking action to help the boy. 

All Might saw the courage in the kid, and later he reveals that he could give Izuku his quirk and he would help him train and get into U.A high school. This is a school to train and teach the future heroes of the world. 

The reason this is the anime of the week is because it shows that anything really is possible at the end of the day. You should not give up on your dreams no matter how impossible they seem. Izuku showed that even though he was quirkless, he could be a hero after getting a little help from a pro hero who would pass on his power to someone who he thinks has a lot of potential to do something great.