Football Game 3 Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Football Game 3 Review

Tori Werkheiser, Writer

The winning streak is continuing as the varsity football team is now 3-0! They came out with a victory against the Rockridge Rockets without much of a competition. The Chargers held the Rockets enough to where they didn’t even score a touchdown. The final score was 19-0. At times, Rockridge had the chance of scoring, but the Orion defense was able to do their jobs. Also, Orion’s offense was on fire the entire game with being able to move the ball as needed. At the beginning, not even a few minutes into the game, the senior quarterback (Ryan Jungwirth) made an amazing 33-yard down-the-field pass to Coby Schultz, who was able to successfully catch it and score the first touchdown of the game. That touchdown made Charger Nation very hyped and excited for the rest of the game. Also during the game, there were three interceptions made by the Chargers. Specifically by sophomore Jared Mohr, who had a game changing interception. That was also a confidence booster for the varsity team.

As Friday was one of the biggest games of the season, it was also a game where both teams came together. It was Tackle Cancer Night where the communities raised money for the family of Xander Carlson and those who are battling with cancer. They had several activities where they raised money and they had a very good turn out!

This Friday, the Chargers hit the road again to have their fourth game of the season against Princeton. It will be another good game, so hope to see you there!